For water and sewerage infrastructure, we follow Water Services Association of Australia's (WSAA) Codes to meet industry specifications and Victorian regulations.
The planning, design, construction, testing and commissioning of drinking water and non-drinking water supplies must adhere to:
- Water Supply Code of Australia (WSA 03-2011-3.1 Melbourne Retail Water Agencies Edition Version 2.0)
- Supplement to the Water Supply Code of Australia (PDF 218KB).
Disinfection or sampling of water mains must be carried out by a registered Water Mains Disinfection Contractor (PDF 106KB).
The planning, design and construction of trunk, branch and reticulation sewers as well as maintenance structures must adhere to:
- Sewerage Code of Australia (WSA 02-2002-2.3 Melbourne Retail Water Agencies Edition Version 1.0)
- Addendum to Sewerage Code (PDF 109KB).
The planning, design and construction of pumping stations and pressure mains must adhere to:
- Sewage Pumping Station Code Of Australia (WSA 04-2005 Version 2.1)
- Addendum to Sewage Pumping Station Code (PDF 43KB) for health and safety standards
- Sewer Pump Station Design Principles (PDF 75KB) for safety principles.
Preferred Equipment Manufacturers List (PDF 475KB) provides a checklist of makes and models for site and plant equipment.
Last updated on 02 Sep 2019