We offer our employees a rewarding and supportive work environment together with meaningful work by helping to build community sustainability for today and the future.
We offer benefits including competitive salary packages, career and development opportunities, a commitment to health, safety and wellbeing, and offer a range of flexible work options Supportive & inclusive workplace.
Coliban Water is a supportive and inclusive workplace that fosters an environment where all employees, regardless of their background, characteristics, or abilities, feel valued, respected, and empowered to contribute their best. We value diversity, are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our employees, contractors, customers and community.
We provide opportunities for career growth and development within the organisation, fostering a supportive environment for employees to learn new skills and advance their careers across a wide range of disciplines including;
- Water treatment and quality
- Operations and Maintenance
- Customer Service
- Environment and sustainability
- Communications and Marketing
- Information and Operational Technology
- Finance & Administration
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Governance & legal
- Strategy and Planning
To find out more about who we are and what we do, visit about us.
We recognise that by improving the knowledge and skills of our workforce, we can deliver better services to our customers.
- Technical training and development
- Professional development courses
- Participation in industrywide forums
- Opportunities to act in senior positions
- Secondments within and external to Coliban Water
- Professional development programs
- Study assistance
- Graduate program
- Work Integrated Learning program
- Vacation Program
Our main office is located in Bendigo Victoria, a welcoming regional city with a strong sense of community. Bendigo and the surrounding regions offer a great mix of city and country lifestyle options and an affordable cost of living.
The region has rich cultural heritage and hosts a range of sporting and cultural events each year. The strong sense of community in Bendigo is evident through local events, markets, and community organisations, which provides ample opportunities for networking, volunteering, and making new friends.
We are committed to creating a workplace for the real world. We understand how important it is to provide flexible work options.
In addition to the standard leave provisions of annual, long service and personal (sick and carers) leave, some of the extra benefits and flexibilities offered at Coliban Water include:
- Ability to apply for flexible work arrangements such as early or late start and finish times, extended lunch breaks, working remotely/ from home, working part-time.
- Accrued days off
- Part-time employment options
- Ability to cash out annual leave
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- 15 days paid personal leave
- Recognition of prior service from Local, State and Federal Government organisations
- Up to 20 days paid family violence leave
- Paid Blood donor leave and Community Service Leave
- Ability to apply to take leave on Ceremonial Days
- Transition to retirement
- In addition to Government paid parental leave, we offer paid pre-natal leave and paid parental leave for both parents
We have a generous and flexible Enterprise Agreement that in addition to regular salary increases, includes the ability to progress through pay bands.
Salaries are competitive and include packaging arrangements such as novated lease vehicles and/or superannuation salary sacrifice.